Sunday, March 27, 2011

Costuming and Cosplay

My fall was filled with sewing, sewing, sewing, and more sewing. Of what? COSTUMES. I love it!

I was asked to sew for the musical, "The Scarlet Pimpernel". It was a lot of fun. I have sewn for theater before, but this was fun because I was able to make Josie such a great costume!


Josie posing for me out front in her aristocrat costume. Gotta love the bum roll! We had more than one laugh over that thing.


Cute pose.


Details on the front.


It was an honor to be asked to sew Chauvelin's costume. Anthony did a great job playing the lead bad guy. He had such a cute face I didn't know if he could put off mean, but he made me proud. The photos is bad. It was at a fitting, but it is all I have.


Cosplay is more than just having a costume. It is the whole attitude, personality, and acting as if you are the person in the suit.


Patrick was pretty intense. He was so thrilled to have this costume for the Anime Convention. I designed the costume and the appliques. They were specific to the character he was playing.


My son Shane. I just love how serious he is in this picture. It's all part of cosplay. Apparently his character sits at a table, leaning on his hands, not saying much. At the convention, he actually had people asking for photos with him because he played his character so well.


I FORCED Shane to stand for this photo. (He didn't want to be out of character) I wanted a good picture of the details in his costume. It was a challenge to figure out how to sew this from just a poor drawing on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment